Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the eligibility criteria?
A. A person must submit the following information:
- ACCES VR referral (the admission coordinator can assist you to complete this document)
- A documented physical, developmental, or psychiatric disability.
Q. What services will be provided?
A. The services received are listed below:
- Job development: resume development; help completing applications, preparation for interviews, and assistance with a job search that matches your interests and abilities.
- Job coaching services: on site assistance to learn job tasks, on site assistance to meet performance standards, advocacy communicating with co-workers/employer, ongoing support for dealing with job related/personal issues, provisions for reasonable accommodations, development of a community support system.
Q. How do I know if I’m ready?
A. Here is a list of questions to ask yourself to make sure you’re ready:
- If you are ready, willing and able for an immediate job search, you’re ready.
- If you have your health issues under control, you’re ready.
- If you are committed to working at least 20 hours per week, you’re ready.
- If you have child care arrangements made, you’re ready.
- If you have a plan for transportation, you’re ready.
- If you understand how earning wages will affect your benefits, you’re ready.
Q. How do I get involved?
A. Below is a list of ways for you to get started:
- Attend an ACCES VR community informational session (CIS)
- Meet with admission coordinator for application assistance
- Meet with the vocational counselor at ACCESS VR to determine eligibility
- Be ready to begin job development!
For more information, please call 518.954.3089.