Liberty ARC offers a wide range of services to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families in Montgomery County. These services are a vital resource for families caring for an individual with a disability at home. Services are offered in the community, in family homes, and at certified sites. Liberty ARC’s staff provides the attention and services each person needs to grow and flourish as an individual.
- Respite Programs – Services are provided by trained Liberty ARC staff in your home or in the community. A voucher program gives your family the option of hiring someone you know to provide respite; an hourly stipend reimbursed by Liberty ARC.
** Liberty ARC offers emergency respite- when a family crisis occurs, Liberty ARC will provide emergency respite as needed – at no cost.
- Recreation Program – A variety of athletic, social and special events are scheduled on evenings and weekends throughout the month. Activities include bowling, swimming, cooking, arts & crafts, dances and involvement in Special Olympics sports training and events. Transportation is provided.
- After School Program – Liberty ARC offers an after school program to individuals of school age with developmental disabilities. This program is available to children ages 5-21.
- School Recess Program – Recess occurs during school breaks throughout the year.
- Hispanic Outreach – Bilingual staff are available to assist families in accessing services and supports in the community and at Liberty ARC.
- Advocacy, Information & Referral -Trained staff help you or your family member with a disability obtain services, including, but not limited to, educational opportunities and benefits. Liberty ARC can provide information about disabilities, explain service options, and connect you with support groups.
- Medical Transportation – Liberty ARC can provide transportation to medical appointments and supervision for individuals with a developmental disability. Specialized transportation can be arranged for those who use wheelchairs.
- On-Line Registration – Individuals or family members can register to participate in Recreation, After-School and Recess Programs on Liberty ARC’s website – www.libertyarc.org. Click on Family Support Services for a calendar of events and access to the on-line registration form.
- For more information call: (518) 954-2031.
Note Individuals must be eligible for services through the NYS Office for People with Developmental Disabilities in order to participate in Liberty ARC’s FSS Programs.