Liberty ARC will host a rally aimed at advocating for Governor Andrew Cuomo to ensure the 2017 NYS budget provides salary funding for direct support professional (DSPs) that work in our industry. The #BFair2DirectCare coalition, made up of agencies throughout the state, is committed to fighting for $45 million (each year, for the next six years) to be included in budget funding. Liberty will be joined by local legislators and fellow agencies, who support this rate increase, in asking the Governor for his support.
When: Wednesday, October 26- 1pm
Where: Riverfront Center Mall, Amsterdam
• Assemblyman Angelo Santabarbara
• Senator George Amedore
• Amsterdam Mayor Michael Villa
• Liberty ARC CEO, Jennifer Saunders
• Schenectady Arc Executive Director, Kirk Lewis
• Liberty ARC & Schenectady ARC DSPs to speak
**Staff & individuals from Liberty, Schenectady ARC, Lexington - Chapter of NYSARC, Inc. and The Arc of Ulster-Greene.